Friday, November 9, 2012

You having a rough day??? Comfort food in the works.

Hey moms....whatcha' doin.....???

It's vent time!

Why must it be that someone, at LEAST one, if not more than one person, in this house has been sick for the last 3 weeks??? (including me, who had strep)

Why must it be that this is the beginning LONGEST 3-4 months out of the year in which I have the "mostest of the grossest" STUFF to deal with???

and, Why.....am I NOT the mom that's like, pshhh. I got this.   ???  WHY???

This ought to make you feel better today, or least feel we have something in common :)

So, just sayin'.... I was soooo not meant to be this domesticated!!!  We, ( I say that collectively because I have GREAT friends....the kind of friends who do not shrink away in a crisis and a nanny who gets paid to help deal with the stinky crises we go through, thank goodness for them, and the great hubs, that's a given) But, that's not even enough, seriously, there is only so much you can take, from being thrown up on in the middle of the night, to helping a kiddo scratch his itch in a place you DO NOT want to scratch his itch...., the whole snot thing, is just., well, I just don't have the words for that anymore, YUK is all I can say.....to having actual poop running through your hands as you take the pants off  of a kiddo and find the poop is all the way down both legs, clear to the feet (3 stinking times in a day, no less!!!) and try to balance the diaper to a plastic sac as it oozes out the sides of the diaper onto the floor, the rugs, and your hands,  And trying not to throw up yourself as you are in the middle of this mess, as you were just ready to walk out the door in clothes that were NOT actually mismatched, stretched-out butt-ed, coffee stained pjs (because Racer has to spill my coffee at least 3 x every.single. morning.) and actually dressed and hair done, earrings , even lipstick to try to let the world know that you can indeed handle having quadruplets, in fact, like a PRO you handle them....and know that really you just want to curl up with a good book or tv show on a nice comfy sofa.....( I would settle for a closet if I had to)....and cry a little (ha, jk, totally exaggerating the crying thing...it was just one tear :), while you contemplate the fact that you love these critters more than life itself but, geez, really??? Poop in my hands......in my ring even????

OHHH.....AND, did you know, your kids can get the strep virus in the "peri-anal area", aka-butt???    OMG! Yep, found that out yesterday.....nice.

That's just not even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to just being downright fuss-butts because they don't feel good.  Ya know, the house, the mess, the groceries that need to be shopped for, the work you didn't finish, the cookies you were going to make for your kids because you are are just that good.....Ahh, the joys of being a parent......and mom-guilt. Lovely.

 OH, and...,just got a call from the principle at school that Maverick just got PUNCHED in the nose because some little kid wanted to take his Beyblade toys at recess.  He assured me they are making serious consequences for this incident.....


Hmmm.......let me think on this for a sec.....somebody


                                     HIT.MY.KID.     IN.THE.FACE.    WITH.THEIR.FIST......


I am starting to feel a new attitude comin' on........yep..... it's all coming back to me...  Yes, I am the MOM and it's not "oh, poor me"......it's,  What??? ,  you hit MY kid? .....square in the nose?,

You, little  monster  mister, have just reminded me why I would go to the ends of the earth for these little guys (snot n' all) and why, it's much better....for you.... to be getting consequences from the principle at school rather than from the "mama bear" that you have just woke up from her pity-party slumber, SO, actually, thank you.

Now that I am feeling much better after living my roller-coaster of emotions on this dreary, rainy day, I have gotten my, I CAN DO THIS, I WILL DO THIS,
                                                               I HAVE QUADRUPLETS AND I CAN HANDLE IT!!!!!!
                    (maybe just one more tear...) jk.....attitude BACK!



What time is it???

Yea, these beautiful lil' stinkers need to eat something YUM tonight for dinner..........buck up girl!!!

Dinner tonight: 

Pork Roast with Broccoli - Cauliflower - Cheese blend, Rice Pilaf, Roasted Potatoes, & Pistachio Cocktail Pudding

Pork Roast--Crock-Pot, Celery, Onion, Celery-Seed, Garlic, Salt & Pepper, Thyme & Parsley.

Roasted Potatoes and Carrots- I cook the potatoes and carrots first in the microwave to make them soft, then cut them up, put them on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, garlic, chives, salt, "hot shot" red-and black pepper mixed, and parmesan, and cook until roasted and a little crispy on the edges.

Steam Broccoli & Cauliflower- when done, put into bowl and mix mayo and mustard (to taste, I hardly ever measure anything) and add fresh grated cheddar cheese, about a cup (make sure to have the cheese ready before you take the B&C out because you use the steam and heat from that to melt the cheese and mix it with the mayo and mustard) add salt and pep.  Sounds weird, but soooo GOOD!

Rice Pilaf- honestly, I just use Uncle Ben's.  You can make from scratch if you want, I guess, but not me and not today, haha!

Garlic Bread.

Wine.

Kids= sick n' all, fussy n' all, punched in the face n' all, and LOVED 'n all !!!! 

xoxo, Felishia

No comments:

Post a Comment