Friday, September 7, 2012

We're In!!!


We made it!

First few nights in our house!!! Of course, it didn't turn out exactly like I "dreamed" it would:

"Welcome Home Burchard Family!!! (Ty says in the megaphone), "MOVE THAT BUS"!!!

and then, happily and tearfully, walking into a completely finished, down to the last nail hole, dishes on the table, fresh flowers, etc. etc. etc. house.....but....ya know, it was close ;)

So, it's still a work in progress, I must have forgotten somewhere along the way, that I have lots o' kids, husband, and a job, and, and, and...... So, I am coming to the conclusion, that, even with best intentions, you just get to it when you get to it, period. So, here we are, still looking for the toaster and some dishes and socks, ha, but making it work.

What we've been doing so far, though, I love! Here's a sneak peak at some of the fun stuff we've found along the way to to decorate, I'll get to the nitty-gritty of the whole house remodel as time goes on, but for now, here's a few fun things we found and are going to be working on.

 

Ikea Sofa w/chaise (not all "pillowed" up yet, just testin' :)
 
Kitchen Cabs-Ikea/Burlap Light Fixtures World Market
 
Off-set sink with counter-Ikea
 
Black Ramsjo Cabs--Ikea (this one we, well, not "I", but the big dude modified a kitchen cab with drawers to be the bathroom vanities because they have way more storage. 
 

So, all in all, we are getting there, it's been a long time a'comin. We totally gutted this place, new flooring, new doors, added mill work, new kitchen cabs, new carpet......pretty much everything but the walls, and, we did some adjustments there too!!!
I'll share some of my "inspiration" pics with you in the Inspire Me tab!
xoxo, Felishia


No comments:

Post a Comment